Ah Easter. That one time of the year when excessive chocolate consumption is not only allowed, but positively encouraged. A four day weekend with little else to do but gorge on milk, white and dark goodness. Perfect!
My Cadbury Creme Egg Cheesecakes – Two Ways are incredibly popular at this time of year, being the most popular post on the whole blog for at least the past couple of months. This year I wanted to use those gooey orange and white filled shells for something equally as amazing, combined with an early with an early birthday treat for Rob.
As soon as I saw this fantastic cookie pie recipe from Averie Cooks, my mouth started watering and brain whirring. I loved the way she sliced it into pizza-style slices, and with Rob’s love of everything biscuits and cookies, I was onto a sure-fire winner.
Jazzing up the recipe with extra chocolate, and of course those mini creme eggs was as easy as converting to UK measurements. The ultimate Easter indulgence!
130g light brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200g plain flour
100g chocolate chips
1 pack mini Cadbury Creme Eggs
2 squares each milk and white chocolate
– Melt together the butter and golden syrup, try not to over-heat
– Stir in the sugar and vanilla essence, add the egg and mix well
– Add the flour and chocolate chips (reserve a small handful for the topping), and mix until just-combined – this is some seriously good cookie dough that’s rather moreish eaten raw!
– Spoon into a greased, lined tin, I used a large pie dish with silicon lining for easy removal, flatten evenly
– Grate over the white and milk chocolate squares, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips
– Lightly press in the Crème Eggs – either whole or halved, I used a mixture of the two. They are easy to cut in half if slightly warm
– Place the cookie pizza in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes. Check it’s done by inserting a cocktail stick / small skewer in the middle and seeing if it comes out clean
– Allow to cool in the tin / pie dish before removing and slicing into pizza segments
As easy as (pizza) pie – pure Easter indulgence in every bite. How do you eat yours? Very quickly in this case!